This week was productive: I acquired two more jars of peanut butter to replace the one that I just finished. And I just realized that the acronym for my blog, PB, can also stand for Peanut Butter… or I could’ve named my blog Peanut Breath. MIND BLOWN. (This is what happens when I just had a really difficult genetics exam and, in the process of brain-dumping on the exam, accidentally dumped out my rational thoughts.)
1. Preparing to Hibernate: I got out my long PJ pants this week, since the weather’s getting colder now. And whenever I come home, I head straight to my bed, cover myself with as many blankets as possible, and spend the rest of the night doing homework and reading papers and books in bed. Why do I pay so much rent when I apparently don’t roam outside of The Bed? I have no idea.
2. One Sad Thing: Michael Palmer, one of my favorite medical thriller writers, passed away suddenly this week at the age of 71. I just recently bought A Heartbeat Away for my mom too, and we’re both saddened by the loss of such a brilliant writer.
3. One Happy Thing: Buying books for my parents. We’re a family of bookworms, and I think one too many library book sales has turned our house into a mini library (shelf library cart included!). I’ve taken on my dad’s non-fiction tendencies and my mom’s romance and mystery addiction, and I love recommending books to them and getting book recs in return.
4. Halloween Truths: I’ve dressed up as a witch more times than I can remember. My first Halloween trick-or-treat run was at a shopping mall. My favorite “treats” were chips and soda, since I didn’t (and still don’t) really have much of a sweet tooth. The first and last time I watched The Ring, my phone rang right after the movie… hence the reason why I refuse to watch scary movies EVER. (Your turn!)
5. What I’m Listening To: Country-ing it out with Cory Morrow! “You’re my favorite kind of lonesome.”