Happy first day of winter, everyone! Sooo my productivity decreased again this week, because it was my last week of classes before I got to go home. AND AND now I’m home! Crashed into bed last night and still tired today because I averaged two hours of sleep per night this week. I don’t know how productive I’ll be this coming week because I’ll be acting like a starving, hyper madwoman, but I’ll try my best!
Sophiesphere / My posts for the week.
- I reviewed Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen and compared it to a cup of hot chocolate. Minor dislikes but overall a thumbs up.
- In my attempt to procrastinate, I listed my most anticipated reads of 2014. (I also discovered the wonders of PicMonkey!)
Blogosphere / Posts that caught my eye in the book blogging world.
- Christine @ Readerly Musings lamented on the perils of waiting for the next installment of a series.
- Jen @ Pop! Goes The Reader started off her new recipes feature with Empire Biscuits!
- Joséphine @ Dudette Reads discussed content warnings in book reviews.
- Kelly @ Effortlessly Reading asked if you speed-read.
- Kelly @ Stacked compared best-of-2013 and best-of-2014 YA lists using lots of awesome graphs.
- Kim @ Sophisticated Dorkiness listed her favorite nonfiction of 2013.
- Leah @ Books Speak Volumes recommended The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida and described it as “heartbreaking, uplifting, inspiring, fascinating, informative, and poignant.”
- Lesley @ Books and Beautiful World wondered if all books are of the same value.
- Lu @ Regular Rumination recalled how she read in the past and her goals for how she reads in 2014.
Papersphere / The catch-all for all other paper or book-related news I found interesting.
- Epics Reads’ list of best books to give for the holidays. I APPROVE.
- The Museum of Science Fiction has been scheduled to open in D.C. in 2017, with their own Starship Enterprise-E and everything. Can’t wait!
How was your week? Did you find anything interesting in your self/blog/paperspheres that you want to share? Let me know!