I stared at a computer screen for most of this week (well, more than other weeks) since I was doing data analysis; I have reason to think that Excel is evil. But other than the usual grad school stress – which has now turned into an elevated baseline level of stress – I ordered steel cut oats from Amazon and then kicked myself for not buying peanut butter.
- I mini-reviewed Pretties by Scott Westerfeld and unfortunately didn’t like it as much as I liked Uglies because of how drastically the characters and the storyline changed.
- I liked Quiet by Susan Cain because of how relevant it was to my own habits and because of the advice Cain gives to introverts and friends of introverts.
- I wrote up my first Book Reader Species Report on the omnireader. Discovery Channel should be proud.
- Alice-Jane @ Crazy Red Pen discovered Literally, a book site that holds potential to be better than Goodreads GASP. Can’t wait!
- Christina @ A Reader of Fictions revealed how she gets shit done, aka how she’s so organized with her book blogging.
- Claire @ Bitches with Books explained why she won’t delete her TBR list in response to this Book Riot article.
- Gillian @ Writer of Wrongs discussed how mood reading is both the best and worst thing.
- Joséphine @ Dudette Reads challenged the use of book cover quotes and author endorsements and provided some examples to support her argument.
- Kelly @ Effortlessly Reading discussed how to balance blogging and life. As a fellow student, I can definitely relate to her struggles!
- Nikki @ The Paper Sea wondered if she should give authors second chances, and I agree with her on giving them one second chance.
- Renae @ Respiring Thoughts tackled the question “what kind of books do you like?” I like her thoughtful answers and how they apply to most non-single-genre readers.
- GalleyCat showcases an infographic on the DNA of a successful book, which is quite enlightening.
- Her Campus’ 17 signs you like books more than people is embarrassingly awesome. I admit to doing #7!
Do you have any interesting news that you want to share? Let me know!