IT FEELS LIKE SUMMER. I think Mother Nature skipped spring because she was super excited for summer (like I am!). But blue skies and sunny days make me look forward to
playing outside cleaning, organizing, and purging, so I plan to get things done this weekend. #homebody
- I thought Miyuki by Veronica Bane was okay, but might have suffered from Second Book Syndrome.
- I talked about my preference for naked books (or why I’m on the fence about dust jackets).
- Asti @ Oh, The Books! admitted that she doesn’t get as excited as everyone else about upcoming publications.
- Hazel @ Stay Bookish worried about staying creative in blogging and the pressure to keep thinking of new ideas to keep her blog fresh.
- Judith @ Paper Riot invited Lauren (Lauren Reads YA) to share bookish and non-bookish pictures – look at all the pretty books!
- Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer explained how she tackles review burnout by trying new review formats.
- Lesley @ Books and Beautiful World fell in love with Something Real by Heather Demetrios and recommended it as “[a] fantastic contemporary debut that has so much to love about it and nothing to hate.”
- Nikki @ The Paper Sea struggled with replying to comments on her blog and explained why she might not always reply.
- Stefanie @ So Many Books asked if you’d want a Netflix for books.
- Tanya @ Girlxoxo shared her catchphrase (which is awesome, by the way), and asked if you had one too. Mine is “I eat books. I review peanut butter.” Do you have a catchphrase?
- How many Newbery Medal-winning children’s books have you read? I’ve read enough to earn a whole pizza! (Aka not even a quarter of all the books.)
- Outdoor reading rooms are coming to NYC!!! Courtesy of The Uni Project, these portable reading rooms look AMAZING.
- Pat Rothfuss’s anecdote about his son Oot shows the importance of fostering curiosity in kids.
- The New York Times blog posted on research that showed that e-books may hinder students’ reading comprehension, especially for young readers.
Do you have any interesting news that you want to share? Let me know!