Last week was a terrible week because my computer died, but it has since been revived! And this week was wonderful because of the Starbucks happy hour specials – I discovered that I don’t really like Java Chip fraps and am more of a Strawberries & Crème gal. Oh, and I got books and ramen in the mail. Aaaand there are only two more weeks of classes!
- Computer death and hump week last week… not fun.
- I reread The Giver by Lois Lowry and liked it for its thought-provoking premise.
- Round 2 of Picky Reader vs. Picky Eater is up! Are you rooting for Great Expectations or liver pâté??
- Amanda @ On a Book Bender demanded that book bloggers stop putting themselves down. Inspirational post that all book bloggers should read.
- Bethany @ Wonderlion highlighted her favorites from Fictitious Dishes by Dinah Fried.
- Francine @ Always Lost In Books explained the stages of grief of cliffhangers. SO TRUE.
- Hannah @ Broc’s Bookcase showcased some amazing book art created by one of her best friends.
- Joséphine @ Dudette Reads contemplated the ambiguity of genre.
- Kelly @ Stacked commented on the trend of Emily Dickinson-influenced YA books.
- Kimberly @ Stacked did some awesome cover math!
- Sana @ Artsy Musings of a Bibliophile recommended YA books for SF/F movie watchers.
- Sandra @ Sipping Tea Between Books kind of showed off her vintage book haul.
- Sarah @ Smart Bitches, Trashy Books talked about the ridiculous media coverage of the Harlequin acquisition.
- Sarah @ The Aroma of Books liked Banana by Dan Koeppel and recommended it for people who “… enjoy books on random topics, or if you really just [like] bananas (or even just the word banana).”
- Barnes & Nobles’ 99 book nerd problems and 24 more book nerd problems. Because only fellow readers can understand our pain. (#50, anyone?)
- Buzzfeed list: 36 life-changing poems that everyone should read.
- Pat Rothfuss is coming out with a new companion book! *hyperventilates*
- Steven Spielberg is directing an adaptation of Road Dahl’s The BFG!!! Counting down to 2016… so excited!
- The #WeNeedDiverseBooks campaign is taking over social media!
- Why go to a nude beach this summer when you can participate in a topless book club? (NSFW-OR-YOUNG-KIDS PHOTOS. You’ve been warned.)
Do you have any interesting news that you want to share? Let me know!