I’m back in Canada for the weekend, enjoying the wonderful weather and getting excited about the French Open omgomgomg GO RAFAAAA!!! I’m ecstatic over spending my weekend gushing over books and tennis, heehee.
- Review: Fat Cat by Robin Brande (Cute science geeks, caffeine withdrawal symptoms, entertaining narrative.)
- Review: The Client by John Grisham (Interesting child protagonist with a grown-up-too-fast personality, gripping plotline, intense legal thriller.)
- Review: Lexicon by Max Barry (Multifaceted characters, brilliant plot, darker and grittier than expected.)
- Book Tea Party Tag (celebrating the Notebook Sisters‘ blogoversary!)
- CJ @ ebookclassics wrote a guest article for Armchair BEA about book adaptations filmed in Canada. Awesome post with some great books and movies!
- Kay @ The Infinite Curio recommended Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn as a “solid psychological thriller.”
- Kelley, Asti, & Leanne @ Oh, the Books! recommended some of their favorite illustrated YA books.
- Rinn @ Rinn Reads started a cool new feature that combines books and video games… I am once again awed by her creative ideas!
- Author and poet Maya Angelou passed away earlier this week. A great woman who have inspired many, Angelou’s passing has prompted many people to share their thoughts about how she’s influenced them.
- Cool nail art designs inspired by books.
- Here are some “hipster” book titles for your amusement.
- I just discovered some great science books through Joanne Loves Science!
- Rachel Carson wrote more environment-related books other than Silent Spring – more books on my to-read list thanks to the recent Google Doodle.
Do you have any interesting news that you want to share? Let me know!