Happy Thanksgiving! Some days I wish I could live right at the border (like, on the Ambassador Bridge or something) so that I get both Canadian and American Thanksgiving off. Alas, I get to go into lab this weekend, which is ALMOST as fun as eating pumpkin pie and being at home with my family. ALMOST.
I submitted my first fellowship application this week and am now frantically trying to resume all research projects and experiments, and it’s almost as though I forgot everything I learned about lab work in the last two weeks when I had my butt glued to my chair in front of the computer… but at least I got one thing done this fall! I have two more weeks of hardcore classwork before I can go crazy on the research until December, and now I understand why they say that you get nothing done in second year. Wayyy too much classwork.
Anyway, on to book-related happenings – I get so excited when I think about November!!! Sci-Fi November and Nonfiction November are coming up, and like last year, I will try my best to participate in both since they’re both awesome genres with some amazing supporters!
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters thought The Girl with all the Gifts was titled The Girl with all the GIFs, so her hilarious review is full of GIFs, haha.
- Jen @ Pop! Goes The Reader made an Anne of Green Gables-inspired desktop wallpaper!
- Katie @ Doing Dewey is co-hosting Nonfiction November next month with Kim, Leslie, and Becca!!! SQUEEE 🐱
- Kim @ Sophisticated Dorkiness wrote an interesting post about making intentional choices while reading in order to read more diversely.
- Renae @ Respiring Thoughts explained her reading and blogging routine. I need to learn from her!
- Rinn @ Rinn Reads is co-hosting Sci-Fi November with the ladies at Oh, the Books! this year… SO EXCITED!
- Thea and Ana @ The Book Smugglers published their first short story for fall 2014: Hunting Monsters by S.L. Huang is an amazing fantasy hybrid of awesomeness! Be sure to check it out if you haven’t already done so.
- Adam Mansbach, the author of Go the F**k to Sleep, has a new book coming out November called You Have to F**ing Eat. I have to wonder how long his inappropriate books will last.
- Here’s an interesting infographic of unusual work habits of famous authors created by Ninja Essays. Oh, J.D. Salinger… ❤
Do you have any interesting news that you want to share? Let me know!