Ahhhh I have no words for this week. Submitted another fellowship application. Ran one too many experiments. Headaches and backaches and feeling old and cranky. Thank god I have books and the book community! I have final exams next week, and did I mention that my relatives are coming over this weekend and I have to cook for them? It’s like the world refuses to let me win. BUT I CAN DO THIS.
- REVIEW: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- REVIEW: The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
- MINI REVIEWS: Fire and Thorns Novellas by Rae Carson
- REVIEW: Thanks for the Feedback by Douglas Stone & Sheila Heen
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters described the 10 types of book bloggers. Which type are you?
- Genevieve @ The Reading Shelf discussed blogging when dealing with real life (not blogging burnout!).
- Megz @ Whispers of a Barefoot Medical Student read Ebola by David Quammen and talked about how we don’t have a handle on this disease.
- Sarah @ The Aroma of Books reviewed/ranted about Carol Ryrie Brink’s Family Grandstand and how we don’t have innocent, happy books like that anymore.
- Stefanie @ So Many Books accidentally deleted her online TBR list. Not sure if that’s a blessing or a nightmare…
- Peter Mendelsund, an amazing book jacket designer, explains his craft to NPR.
- Susan Cain is turning Quiet into a children’s book!
- Zilpha Keatley Snyder passed away at the age of 87. I loved her Green Sky series – what was your favorite ZKS book?
Do you have any interesting news that you want to share? Let me know!