WHAT where did September go?!! Things that happened in September: I woke up to darkness and rain and gloom, and decided to motivate myself by reading books before I headed off to work. I started to curate holiday/birthday gifts for my friends because I’ve gotten Christmas gifts from them the last few years, but didn’t have time to send out gifts. I became less obsessed with peanut butter (GASP!) and more obsessed with popcorn. Also, I’m trying new things with the blog (like with this recap) – even after 2 years of blogging (okay, probably less because of haitus and breaks), I’m still experimenting lol. 😋
- Wild Hearts by Jessica Burkhart (disappointing despite horses)
- My True Love Gave to Me Anthology (some amazing and not-so-amazing holiday shorts)
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (like, totally TV show-worthy)
- Every Day by David Levithan (creativity at its best)
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini (DRAGONS! HEROES! MONSTERS! MAGIC!)
- How to Raise the Perfect Dog by Cesar Millan (dog owner bible!)
- Bossypants by Tina Fey (AWK FUNNY)
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (chaotic feels, chaotic review)
- The Protector of the Small Series by Tamora Pierce (so much girl power I can’t even)
For the first time (but not the last!), I’ll share the books that I did not finish reading. RIP, books.
SONGS OF THE MONTH
Because, y’know, I’m listening to music when I’m not reading books. (I’ve got plenty of time to do both when I’m running lab experiments, surprisingly!)
How did your September go?
What books did you read this month?
What books are you looking forward to reading in October?