I got tagged by Mimi a long long time ago to talk about my TBR pile, so here goes! I’m usually pretty embarrassed about how big this pile has gotten, so hopefully it’s a bit more presentable now than when she asked me to do this, haha. 😳
1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
2. Is your TBR mostly print or eBook?
Print! I don’t have an eReader, so you can imagine how heavy my bags get when I go off to conferences or on vacation, since I always need to bring some books with me! My other option is reading on my computer, but I want to claw out my eyes after five minutes of trying to read like that. Ugh.
3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
I’ve realized how much happier I am as a so-called “mood reader” – I read whatever I feel like reading at that moment.
4. A book that’s been on your TBR the longest?
Sarah Addison Allen’s The Girl Who Chased the Moon – I’m usually merciless when I cull books from my TBR list, but this is one of those books that I really want to keep on it. I’ll get to it eventually!
5. A book you recently added to your TBR?
Rachel Caine’s Ink and Bone because it sounds amazing! Books about libraries/books are so enticing… plus, that cover!
6. A book on your TBR strictly because of it’s beautiful cover?
Wait, I thought people chose books 80% of the time based on the cover?! (Is it just me? Oops.) Victoria Schwab’s The Archived looks beautiful.
7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
Peter Doherty’s semi-autobiographical work, The Beginner’s Guide to Winning the Nobel Prize. I added it because SCIENCE, but I just deleted it because TOO MUCH IMMUNOLOGY I’M SO DONE WITH THIS. My TBR is actually quite fluid nowadays – I look it over every few days and trim away the fat.
8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for?
Susan Dennard’s Truthwitch because there’s just so much hype about it. I’m always a little wary when there’s this much excitement about a book though…
9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you?
Too many to count, but John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars. It’s been sitting on my shelf for the longest time, but arghhh. I’ll read it when the time is right. (I have no clue when that time is, but it’s definitely not now.)
10. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends you?
Patrick Rothfuss’s The Name of the Wind (yet another one that basically everyone has read but me). I started reading it at a friend’s house a few years back, but couldn’t borrow it then, and finally got my own copy… but haven’t started it again. This is one that I’m likely to get to before December though!
11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read?
Stieg Larsson’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo because I haven’t read a mystery/thriller in so long!
12. How many books on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
384, give or take? It’s better than a few months ago, really! 👀
How does your TBR pile look?
Do you have more or less TBR books than me?