November is a wonderful month that embodies post-Halloween-candy-high and pre-Christmas-music-anticipation. In the bookish world, November is the time of post-paranormal-books and pre-Christmas-romances – it’s the time for Sci-Fi November! This year, Rinn and Lisa will be co-hosting the event, and I’m looking forward to meeting new and old friends and bonding over science fiction together! 🚀
MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT SCIENCE FICTION:
Both science-fiction and fantasy books allow me to escape reality for a few hours, but sci-fi holds a special place in my heart because it shows what could be reality. (I’m no mad scientist! yet)
SOPHIE WATCHES SCI-FI… MAYBE?
I have to admit that I don’t really “do” sci-fi things outside of books – there’s that one time in high school when my older cousin dragged me to the movie theatre to watch the newest Star Wars movie (which was really good!), and I watched Interstellar last winter, but that’s about it. This month, time permitting, I’m hoping to watch Ender’s Game, The Martian, and The Maze Runner… if I do, I’ll definitely tweet about it!
HOW I AM CELEBRATING SCI-FI THIS MONTH:
- Sci-fi book reviews every Tuesday! (Ready Player One, Ender’s Game, and others!)
- Finish my first sci-fi book bingo BECAUSE IT’S BEEN TOO LONG
- Discussion on various sci-fi topics (for real this year!)
- Read sci-fi! (Because I still have that other book bingo *coughs*) Here’s my tentative list:
- Freedom’s Choice by Anne McCaffrey
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
- The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson (I’m sneaking this in here to fulfill steampunk… 👀)
What are you reading for Sci-Fi Month?
What’s your favorite thing about sci-fi?