I’m still alive (barely)! Sorry for the sudden two-months-away-from-books-and-blogging thing – I forgot to prep myself and you guys for the chaos that is Grad School Year Two. 😳 I just went through my comps, which is basically a test that encompassed all the coursework I took these 1.5 years (and now I have quals to look forward to in a few months but I still have a few months right?), made my first poster, writing my first paper, and trying to stay afloat. The struggle is too real!
What kept me going this month: running (while listening to audiobooks, more on this in a later post); drinking the all-powerful cold buster (aka lemon, honey, and ginger tea!); #timetoread with this book; PEANUT BUTTER; and the anticipation of coming back to THIS. Knowing that I can reconnect with my fellow book-lovers and the community is an awesome feeling! I have a lot of catching up to do, and I can’t post as consistently as last year, but I’ll make the best of the free time that I have, haha.
Oh oh oh, and I finished the 2014 Rewind Challenge!!! I don’t feel like such a book challenge failure now, hah. (Although I still have to post up reviews for 2 books on this list, but I read them in time, didn’t I??) 🙌
- EVENT: Calling All (Nonfiction) Animal Experts!
- REVIEW: Running Like a Girl by Alexandra Heminsley
- REVIEW: Hungry by H.A. Swain
- EVENT: Nonfiction November 2014: New To My TBR
- MINI REVIEWS: The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern & Turned On and Off by Lilian Jackson Braun
- REVIEW: Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth
- RANT: Why I Love Friends Who Love to Read
- LIST: My New Year’s Resolutions for 2015 🎊
- LIST: 2014 Rewind: Most Anticipated Reads of 2014
- Ashley @ Nose Graze talked about obligations of book bloggers. Good points to be mindful about if you obsess over ARCs!
- Cait @ Paper Fury ranted about 10 ridiculously unfortunate character names. I feel ya, sister.
- Jane @ Dear Author passed on a reader’s concerns about losing your reading mojo.
- Jen @ Pop! Goes The Reader listed her most anticipated 2015 debut novels. I’m totally behind in looking up 2015 books, so this is super helpful!
- Judith @ Paper Riot did this T-Swift book tag which is such an awesome concept!
- Ruby @ Feed Me Books Now discussed going into books blind, which is something I haven’t done in a while with all this technology, but would like to do more of.
- Trisha @ eclectic/eccentric wrote an awesome post about what diversity in books means to her.
- Comedian Chelsea Peretti decided to hold a book signing without having ever written a book. This made me chuckle. 😀
- Emma Watson’s favorite books. Oh and WHAT there’s going to be a Beauty and the Beast movie coming out?!!! Squeee!!!
- Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg aims to read one book a day in 2015.
- Tumblr book clubs??! Too high-tech for me (even this new WordPress user interface is pissing me off) but hey, if it gets people to read more, sure!
- Researchers have shown that e-readers aren’t that good when you’re trying to sleep. But this experiment was done with iPads, so the verdict’s still out for Kindles and other E-ink readers, yeah?
Do you have any interesting news that you want to share? Let me know!